[Epic] 40k, Mailing lists, and What to Do

From: Jonathan Westmoreland <JonW_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:48:23 -0600

> True, GW are doing to 40k what they did to SM - p*ssing us off!!

Although this is off topic for this list, I have to say that Jimi's
opinion is not shared by the whole of the 40k community.
Speaking from the view of the Igcom.net 40k list, we are
not all against the new version of 40k, and I can assure
you that the lines will be drawn after the new edition comes
out, just like they were when Epic 40k was released.

As for joining the Igcom.net list, I do not recommend it
for those who play 6mm games and not 40k. Epic 40k
is rarely talked about on the list, and most 6mm-only
players will find their realm of interest mentioned only
occasionally, and only in the light of Epic 40k.

Regarding the list move, most of the discussion regarding
what email service to use has become so random and
pointless that I delete almost every message pertaining
to that thread. In the few that I have read, it seems that
Mike Looney has the best plan for the move, and I
suggest that someone take initiative in this chaos
and do something. We could argue over what list
to use until September 30th, and then everyone would
be left with nothing.

Lastly, stay far, far away from web-based email
services like Makelist. I have been on 4 mailing lists
that use such protocols, and from over 5 years of
experience as a mailing list admin, I can tell you that
they are nothing but trouble.

Jonathan Westmoreland
We shall not rest until the Imperium is brought to its knees