Re: [Epic] new homes

From: Greg Lane <greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:57:26 -0500

Well, E40K is selling in some places. Like here, where the local, very
recently chapter approved store, Gamemasters, in Memphis, TN, runs regular
demos, sometime s more than one a month, and more importantly, supports our
Epic playing group very strongly. We support their demos by playing as
trainers with the newbies.

In addition to our Epic group of 12+ regular and serious players, we have
another dozen who play occassionally in our tournaments. And, beyond that, we
know there are several dozen others who play amongst themselves in the area
and come into the store regularly to purchase the boxed game and minis. Our
gamer group strongly encourages new players to try out Epic and to buy the
boxed game, as it is the least expensive miniatures game to get into, and the
least expensive to expand incrementally.
Even if GW doesn't push it ... which I agree they should, we have demonstrated
that local stores and gamer gourps can have an impact on sales. Heck, even
before Chapter approval, Gamemasters was #1 in US for Epic sales on a
percentage of total GW sales basis.