[Epic] Old Stuff Presented As New Stuff

From: Sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 00:14:27 -0000

CC: CIDER Interpolations: NSWC Dahlgren,NFR,NSA,

Sauron1 writes;Co-ordinated Attacks and Probes Report Etc.;

    The "Shadow" group dumped this "Revelation" on me as a "New Thing" It's
a procedure I have been using for years!

    CONCLUSION:
The examples shown above represent a change in the kinds of attacks and
probes we track. Previously it has been common for a single attacker to
target multiple sites. Now we see indications of multiple attackers
working together to target either single sites or multiple sites. We
assert that these techniques are starting to be widely used and that the
attacker community is likely to continue using these new techniques for
the foreseeable future. It is imperative that intrusion detection tools,
techniques, and tracking databases be developed or modified to detect
and respond to this new threat.
You can help! If you detect similar patterns to these described please
consider sending the patterns to Shadow. We cannot work in a vacuum.
We also can't invade your privacy, so please obfuscate the source and
destination IP addresses *before* sending any information. To send
a sanitised detect to Shadow mail to: shadow_at_... [1] Irwin[2]
Vazquez

433-779-388-453-528-251-1 sauron1
[3] Cardoza