[Epic] OT old board games

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 01:37:39 -0600

All this talk of air combat has resurrected old memories. When I was about 6
through 10, I had a series of board games utilizing plastic peices, which I
would like to find if possible.

The first was a WWI biplane game, with 2 German and 2 american or british
squadrons. The planes were plastic 1 - 2 inch peices, where the top wing
snapped onto the lower. The Germans had red planes, and the Aliies had green
planes. I remember Cards being used for manuevers and maybe shooting. I think
it was by American Heritage Games, or something close to it.

The second was a game with a 10 X 10 or 12 X 12 board, green and brown with 2
lakes in the center. Placed over this board was a plastic tray on stands, with
another grid on it, corresponding the squares on the lower board. I think
Helicopters were on the upper board, and jeeps or tanks on the lower.

The third I remember almost nothing about. I think it was a korea or vietnam
era game With jets as playing peices. What I remember most was that they had
little plastic SAM batteries that were placed to guard points on the board.

Some of you older gamers may remembar these better than I do. I'd appreciate
any assistance tracking them down. I remember tham as being fun, though I think
we often decided to ignore the main rules in favor of throwing the peices at
each other.

Thane