Re: [Epic] Eldar & Disrupts.

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:16:12 -0600

> > Sounds good...but not really.....with only a range 60, it will usually be hit
> > by land raiders, falcons, etc. and if that doesn't work....someone could most
> > likely assault you with cavalry or jump packs.....and also the night spinners
> > would usually be able to shut down several from even firing when on prep.
> > bombardment. And also 20 biovores is a whopping 400 points!!!!!Plus the 3
> > synapse
>
> This seems eminently sensible. Probably the best way to slow down large Disrupt
> orientated detachments is to use lots of disrupt weapon against them to close down the
> guns. One would still suffer the automatic BMs for SHWs but apart from that, as said,
> some Night Spinners or even Pulsa rockitts should lessen the blow.
>
> Anyway, surely one would only win the game that way once, after that the opponent would
> be aiming everything going at the one detachment. Tyranid do need something going for
> them . . .
>
> A#

  Biovore's only have a range of 45. Doesn't matter that much; saying you will just blast
away at the biovore detat is a lot easier than doing it. Any good opponent can hold off a
concerted assault against one detachment for a turn, and 1 turn is enough to end the game
three turns later. Longer range artillery is your best chance, and the cost of those peices
is at least double that of the biovore. I use those 5 biovore detats game after game, and
they almost never get shut down or destroyed. With lots of those smaller detats, it's easy
to keep units spread out to only give one fp per BM.

I haven't fought eldar in the new system, so I can't comment on them.

Thane