[Epic] Eldar & Disrupts.

From: J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:33:54 +0100

Given my new understanding of the number of BMs a disrupt weapon can inflict
(see previous threads) I have been reconsidering my Tyranid and Eldar
detachments.

It is possible with the Tyranid to have an artillery swarm with an amazing 20
Biovores. This would inflict at a range of 60cm a likely 12 BMs every time it
fired (2BMs plus 50% hits on average at 4+ of the 20 Biovores firing). This is
likely to suppress most activity while the genestealers run over and start
eating. In addition it will take 11 hits (or BMs) before they lose the
automatic 2 BMs just for firing. Pretty good, huh.

Eldars on the other hand are quite limited by the army lists. In one detachment
I could cram 5 Night Spinners as support to five Eldar stands likely in three
Wave Serpents (though one could expand to 6 Wave Serpents, five in the main
force and one for the Farseer). This gives 11 Disrupt weapons and a likely BMs
of 7. However I bit of accurate fire back or a couple of BMs and this number
drops quickly. The only advantage is the extended range of the Night Spinners -
but fire from that far out and you lose the Wave Serpents, dropping the BM count
even further.

H'm.

Just thinking aloud. Any thoughts coming back?

A#