Sv: [Epic] Eldar & Disrupts.

From: Susanne Henriksen <mbe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:48:27 +0200

> Surely there has to be some effective deterrment against them. Big long
range guns > seems like
> a first thought. I just bought some Squat Goliath Mega-cannons to
bolster my four > Squat
> Thunderer stands into an actual detachment - what about something like
that?

> A#

How about a Titan armed with a couple of Heavy Weapon Batteries (a Warlord
Titan could pack 32 firepower this way).

               - Beller-
Not-so-faithful servant of the Hive Mind

BTW, I fought a battle with my Tyranids this weekend. My (Imperial/Space
Marine-wimpy) opponent took the usual Warlord combined with a detachment to
protect (referred to later as the wimpy ones) it from my assault swarms.

This is what I did (and send his Titan to the fiery pits of hell):

I had four swarms:
One Biovore swarm (+extra to support)
One Transport swarm (Lots of Assault Spawn)
One Hormagaunt swarm (Loads of Hormagaunts)
One Assault swarm

They totalled about 700 pts.

First, I put loads of BMs on the wimpy ones and a few on the warlord to
shut down its 2 death rays and the vortex. All of my swarms were more than
45cm away in the shooting phase, which meant the Warlord couldn't fire. In
the assault phase, my Transport swarm moved 20cm towards the Warlord and
unloaded the Hormagaunts, who charged 35cm and engaged the wimpy ones.
Needless to say they kicked ass, the wimps ran off with 9 BMs. The Warlord
then drove off the Hormagaunts in a firefight. They retreated 20cm. In the
end phase the wimps recovered 4 BMs (but still had 5)

In the next phase the Hormagaunts stayed where they were. The assault and
transport swarm moved closer towards the Titan. The Warlord moved closer to
my Biovores and the wimps were still broken so they just sat there!

In the shooting phase the Biovores, assault swarm, and transport swarm
unloaded everything they had into the Titan downing 4 shields and placing
heaps of BMs. The Warlord caused a few casualties in its shooting phase
before my swarms tore it apart in the assault phase (luckily it didn't
explode).

I had lost only a few Biovores, some Termagants, one Carnifex, and one Hive
Tyrant for the cost of a Titan. That game was in a bag.......

The tactic I used here, was to stay out of the Titan's range initially. I
used Hormagants in Assault Spawns to run 55cm towards the enemy in the
assault phase and broke the wimps. The rest of the swarms assigned to the
job then finnished off the Titan.

            - Beller -
Faithful servant of the Hive Mind