Re: [Epic] Eldar & Disrupts.

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 17:57:18 -0600

Brian Thomas wrote:

> At 19:11 30.09.98 +0100, you wrote:
> >As the owner of some five squat infantry stands I wanted to make up a single
> >detachment. The Mega-cannon seemed a good artillery piece although it
> costs 75
> >points (!!!). The Iron-eagle gyrocopter seems interesting too FP=3,
> skimmer and
> >speed of 35cm. Pretty good.
> >
> >Overlords. yes I'd like to get my hands on one of them too: a save and a
> close
> >support firepower of 8. H'm. Could be useful sometime.
> >
> >A#
>
> Well, let me give you a few impressions from my one game against Squats.
> The Mega-cannons are worth every point. Overlords, with armour6+ and Save
> are hard to kill, but they are only 30cm ranged. Use them in support for
> other detachments perhaps. The Iron Eagles ain't that hot; My
> Nobz/battlewagons pretty much spanked them.
>
> Don't forget this is all from my one game experience vs. Squats.
>
> Brian

I've got better rules for overlords. They become war engines, 170 points, 4
wounds, 20 cm move with special rules for floaters, 45 cm range at 10 fp all
arrund, plus one heavy barrage for units in base to base contact. Cannot snap
fire at ground units, may not be snap fired at by ground units. Save, Armor 6.
Any catastrophic damage goes to "destroyed" to give opponent morale.

The CJ rules are really dumb; 1 LR will nearly always kill it. Blimps doing "pop
up" attacks is pretty silly too.

I can send the overlords rules, or all of my squat translations, to anyone who
wants them.

Thane