Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 16:11:21 -0600

At 08:35 PM 3/5/97 +0200, you wrote:
>On Wed, 5 Mar 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:
>> We have a house rule that you can't charge through a unit with less than 2
>> cm between stands (and some people play that as long as you are in cohesion
>> you can't), so it really only takes about 4 stands to protect a titan. Even
>> without this rule, 6 should be sufficient. Maybe you should throw a Medic
>> or Chaplain in with your cheap troops to bolster them.
>
> Sounds reasonable, although some might argue that skimmers should be
> able to charge anyway, since they are skimmers. :-/ I agree that this
> is a great rule with all ground troops, but I don't think I could
> convince my eldar opponent to use this with his jet bikes. :)

Still, 6 stands in base to base with the titan (or close enough so no one
can fit in between) should still cover enough of the base that only a couple
could sneak in. And if you add a command unit and rhino, that's 8 models.

Or, best yet, the command terminator group from a wolf pack. They can keep
up, since they charge and ff andsomeone would have to be afool to get near
them.
Then add a Chaplain and a Medic!

Then put them in a Thunderhawk!

Then . . .