Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 17:22:55 -0500

> From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
>
> > It seems pretty clear
> >to me that your proposed interpretation is not what GW intended, especially
> >considering it doesn't make much sense logically. Non-skimmers can only
> >hurt the titan if they touch it's feet... but they can never get there since
> >they'll be pinned at the base... so why even say the bit about the feet
> >if they can never get there?
>
> You can get there IF THE TITAN IS PINNED...

        So where does it say that pinning the titan lets other units
not get pinned by the titan's base? Forgive me if you already answered
that and I missed it, but it really seems like you're reaching here.

> >> You CAN get sound tactical advice from this list, but I am disapointed by
> >> the lack of rules clarification. When I found the list (six month's ago?) I
> >> thought "great - now I can find out other people interpret whatever my
> >> gaming crowd is argueing about at the moment".
> >
> > But of course our interpretations are no more valid than anyone else's...
>
> I was hoping that they would be more numerous. As you say, the six of us at
> my end can form an equally valid interpretation to any six of us on the list...

        More numerous or more varied? There are about 140 people on
the list, although for whatever reasons only about a dozen of us post
regularly. Presumably the silent majority agrees for the most part
with members of the vocal minority, and thus feel no need to post
themselves - so more numerous does not neccessarily mean more varied.
(or at least, they don't disagree enough to post arguments)

Scott
shupes_at_...