Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 17:13:07 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 5-Mar-97 Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a.. by Brett
Hollindale_at_powerup
> > It seems pretty clear
> >to me that your proposed interpretation is not what GW intended, especially
> >considering it doesn't make much sense logically. Non-skimmers can only
> >hurt the titan if they touch it's feet... but they can never get there since
> >they'll be pinned at the base... so why even say the bit about the feet
> >if they can never get there?
> >

> You can get there IF THE TITAN IS PINNED...
>
> (Which part doesn't make sense logically?)

    Now I'm really confused. Where does it say you are pinned at the
base? (I never understood this part myself. I haven't really
contributed to the discussion because you never stated a valid reasoning
for this critical part of your interpretation).

    Now, assuming I buy your argument for the first part, you're now
claiming that if the Titan is pinned, dogfaces are no longer pinned at
the base but are now pinned at the feet?

So, you're saying

1) non-skimming, non-Titan units are pinned at the base.

2) If something pins the Titan, non-skimming, non-Titan units are not
pinned by the Titan

???

I don't believe that either point is true. If you're pinned, it means
that CC will be involved. I'd like to hear a reasoned argument for both
points if you want me to believe the new theory. Otherwise, I see no
reason the old method of CC is invalidated.

Mark