Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Orders

From: Bayani R Caes <LordSigma+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 22:33:14 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from epic: 5-Mar-97 Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Orders by Mark A
Shieh_at_...
> Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...> writes:
> > No problem, since I'm an Imperial Guard player I'll do an example
> > of that.
> [snip]
> > So let's see what we've got:
> > -------------------------
> > 1x IG Command
> > 1x IG Command (+Psyker)
> > 4x IG Regulars (2 squads)
> > 4x IG Hvy (4 squads)
> > 5x Chimeras
> > 5x Sentinels (1 squad)
> > 2x Leman Russ
> >
> > Points total is: 88 (Command) + 140 (Main) + 129 (Support) = 257 points.
> >
> > There you go.
>
> Augh!

Yi! (Well, at least I can use this as a model, being the local IG
player. Maybe.)

> No offense, but that doesn't look like a detachment to me. It looks
> like a cute little IG WH40k army done in 6(8)mm scale. And the
> Sentinels and Leman Russ(es?) have to stay within 6cm of the
> commanders? <sigh>

Copy that. It's nice to see a little customizability, but man, I don't
want to have to put together armies like this. Maybe generate some
units that I like (that will probably look a heckuva lot like the
current company cards) and just reuse them (hopefully point values will
come out to multiples of 25 or 50 for convenience's sake.)

BTW--I thought it was 25 cm, unless they decided to hose the IG chain of
command even more.

> Mark
-BC