RE: [Epic] E40k Assault movememnt

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 97 14:06:00 EST

>> Paul, does movement for assaults happen at a different
>> time than other movement?
>
>Dets on Assault move at two different times. Units move a regular move
>during the Movement phase, and then make an Assault move during the
>Assault phase. Someimtes the Assault move is doubled in the case of
>infantry and cavalry if the unit is moving into base-to-base.
Does that mean an infantry unit could move 30cm: 10cm
during movement + 20cm to move base-to-base?

I'm not in agreement with GW about the relative power
of assaults to long-distance shooting. With shorter
firing range and (possibly, depending on what above
means) longer distances moved, the problem (from my
point of view) of guys running across the field at
you gets worse. I guess there is a firing phase
between the normal move and the assault move,
but it sounds like the assault move could be as long
as the old system's charge.

I do agree about the power of assaults to get someone out
of a strong position. But the relative ranges of firing
and movement aren't what I'd care for.

thanks,
andy
andy.skinner_at_...