Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 14:34:19 GMT

At 04:45 AM 7/3/97 -0500, Mark wrote:

<BIG snip>

>I still see it the other way.
>
>1. You can only CC something if you can make contact with the model
>2. You can only CC a titan if you are in contact with the feet
>3. The Titan can choose to CC *you* if you are in contact with the
> base (I consider this point irrelevant to the argument)
>4. A special case, skimmers and jump pack troops, can CC a titan if
> they are in contact with the base, but aren't pinned no matter what.
> (Also irrelevant IMHO)
>5. The base is not part of the model.
>
>And don't tell me this hasn't happened before (multiple
>interpretations) with the GW rules. At this point, I feel that there
>is more than one valid interpretation of the rules. Following status
>quo, I prefer this one.
>
>Mark

I quite agree that there are frequently multiple interpretations of the GW
rules, and I actually have little doubt that most of us will opt for the
status quo (rightly or wrongly).

However, I am afraid that I have to point out where your reasoning above is
inaccurate...

Statement (2) is a misquote (or at least it is incomplete).

If it said "Ground troops can only attack a titan if they can make contact
with its feet", then statement (2) would be complete and correct.

Given that statement (1) is true (with the exceptions noted in statement 2)
and given statement (4) is correct then conclusion (5) _must_ be erronious
mustn't it?

If you can only attack a model if you are in contact with it, and if a
skimmer etc can attack a titan if it is in contact with its base, how can
the base not be part of the model?

And of course "As soon as a troop stand or vehicle model touches an enemy
they are both engaged in close assault and stop moving immediately".

As always,
Agro