Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 12:21:00 -0500 (EST)

Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...> writes:
> At 04:45 AM 7/3/97 -0500, Mark wrote:
>
> >1. You can only CC something if you can make contact with the model
> >2. You can only CC a titan if you are in contact with the feet
> >3. The Titan can choose to CC *you* if you are in contact with the
> > base (I consider this point irrelevant to the argument)
> >4. A special case, skimmers and jump pack troops, can CC a titan if
> > they are in contact with the base, but aren't pinned no matter what.
> > (Also irrelevant IMHO)
> >5. The base is not part of the model.
> >
> However, I am afraid that I have to point out where your reasoning above is
> inaccurate...
>
> Statement (2) is a misquote (or at least it is incomplete).
>
> If it said "Ground troops can only attack a titan if they can make contact
> with its feet", then statement (2) would be complete and correct.

        Yeah, I guess I got careless with words. I hate it when I do that.

> Given that statement (1) is true (with the exceptions noted in statement 2)
> and given statement (4) is correct then conclusion (5) _must_ be erronious
> mustn't it?

        Not to the best of my knowledge. I'm serious when I say I
don't follow your logic.

> If you can only attack a model if you are in contact with it, and if a
> skimmer etc can attack a titan if it is in contact with its base, how can
> the base not be part of the model?

        Because they set aside a paragraph to state this exception to
the rules. I still see this as irrelevant to non-skimming units
engaging in CC at the base.

> And of course "As soon as a troop stand or vehicle model touches an enemy
> they are both engaged in close assault and stop moving immediately".

        Exactly. This clearly means that they are pinned at the feet,
otherwise they wouldn't be "engaged in close assault".

Mark