Re: [Epic] Games Workshop's "New Sales Plan"

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:16:51 +1000 (EST)

> I would tell your retailer not to worry yet. Although GW has
>alienated almost all of the Epic players, they hope to more than make
>up for this by making the 40k players buy even more stuff. His best
>plan is to try to attract new players or 40k playters to E40k, not
>Epic players. The general opinion on rgmw has been relatively
>positive, though I have an urge to smack several posters for
>stupidity. Still, it's their money, not mine.
>
>Mark

>From what I've heard from the 40K players down here, and apparently from the
40K list, 40Kers have very little interest in epic97. The logic is either,
the price is too much for the little buggers, or "how on earth do I paint
something that small?".

Me, I personally think that GW would have been better building on the tight
knit group of epic supporters and draggin in the 40Kers a bit, rather then
putting off the old timers and hoping a bunch of 40Kers (who on the most
part, have always looked down on epic) radically change their opinion and
suddenly collect epic 97 in a big way.
                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
                   "No Spanky, No. Bad monkey"