Re: [Epic] GOODBYE GW!

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 09:04:44 -0600

At 12:32 AM 3/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
> Ehh, I haven't bought a GW product at list price ever. It's
>not so bad if you hang around looking for 1/2 off sales (due to lack
>of expected sales) and secondhand models. Unfortunately, when I do
>see a 1/2 sale, a bunch of my money tends to disappear. :(
>
> I do admit to buying box sets from my local store, along with
>the occasional blister. (Only 10% off, hardly shopping around, but
>it's also my comics store, and that impulse to buy something each week
>just gets to me periodically)

It's amazing how often someone wants to sell an entire army because they
want to switch forces. I picked up an entire Ork army (except for the
snakebite clan) for about $120. Also, there is a local store that sells all
gaming 20% off, 30% if you prepay a special order.

> My pack-rat instincts will probably prevent me from doing
>anything so drastic as you. :)

Me, too. I just now got a half way decent bitz box going.

Temp