[Epic] GOODBYE GW!

From: Keith Zanardi <xenofobe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 23:00:32 -0500 (EST)

SNIP Peter Ramos wrote:

>No you are not alone and by what I've learned from the distributors many
>people wont carry the line due to GW's policy (which by the way isnt new
>they been doing this for years). Think what you may about E40k as a
>game, but as far as sales, it does not look promising.

    THAT is good to know.But I have had enough.I planned on buying from GW
direct
  and then buying from one of the local stores in my area that is until I saw
  a flyer circulating in the area hobby shops. It stated that if the local
gamers
  would get together (we would need 10-12 people) and would PRE-PAY for the game
  and minis, then ONE store would graciously buy the rack and then we would have
  a place to purchase our GW minis. I thought to myself, GW is making
  decisions on what and how much a store owner should buy? Who do they think
they are?
  We as gamers HAVE to get together and pay homage to GW? "Oh blessed GW,PLEASE
   sell minis to our local store." "We promise to buy lots and lots of minis."
   &%^$ that! Like I said before, I have had enough.

     So, I do think I am the ONLY one that is going to do
  what we all would "like" to do, but won't.(Due to the amount of GW crap we
have
  collected, the money we have spent on it, the time invested painting them,
   and just the overall aggrevation
  we put up with just for playing their games!)

     I am divorcing myself of ALL GW products. I am going to have ONE last game
  in which casualties ACTUALLY BECOME CASUALTIES! For those of you that know
  me, you know that I am NOT kidding. By the end of this week, there will
not be ONE GW
  miniture in my house. You may think I am drastic, crazy or an asshole
(even ALL 3) for
  doing this, but I won't be involved with GW in ANY WAY, SHAPE, or FORM
ANYMORE!
  This is my way of purging the GW-itis from my system. The violent demise
of the
  minis themselves. (afterwards I will be sending the remains to GW)
  The fires will be burning this weekend!

     The money doesn't matter to me, the time I spent painting doesn't matter,
   what matters is that I CONTINUE to put up with the assholes at GW! So, I am
   putting an end to that right quick.
   The only thing that WILL bum me out is the fact that I won't be meeting great
   people like you folks on this list anymore. (well, some of you aren't so
great)

     So, you folks that will keep playing the 2nd edition, may you have MANY
   more fun games. You NetEpic folks, I hope you create what YOU want, and for
   those that will play the Epic40K assumming you can FIND a place that will
   sell it, my condolences. As for GW, may your stock and sales PLUMMET in
   such a way that you have to go into chapter 11.

     As for me, I will be going into that wonderful realm of historical gamming.
   There are PLENTY of other companies out their that are willing to take my
   money, and they, in my opinion, DESERVE it.

   It has been fun ladies and gentlemen.

     Keith Zanardi

  PS I am selling ONLY my NEW Bio-Titans for $7 each and any UNOPENED blisters
    that I have for $3 each plus shipping. Email me at xenofobe_at_... if you
    are interested. Otherwise they BURN!