Re: [Epic] Another contentious issue

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 21:23:40 GMT

At 01:10 PM 11/3/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I have another question concerning Titans.
>This problem came up in one game against Orks (I was fielding SM, IG and
>TL).
>My Titans was vanquished in close combat against a Gargant and the damage
>roll was "The Titan falls randomly, anything beneath it is automatically
>hit". So, the problem was, my Titan fell on the Gargant!!! The Gargant
>suffers only one hit or multiple hits? ANd how many?
>Please help me on this one
>
>Paulo Pombal
>pacp_at_...

I would tend to say that titans/gargants were not hit at all. The titan
damage chart states that "troops and vehicles" are destroyed. It doesn't
mention "titans/gargants". As I recall, there is a FAQ about titans falling
on buildings which suggests that the building should take a save at -5, but
this would be an addendum to the rules and not part of them.

Agro