[Epic] Another contentious issue

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 22:07:03 GMT

Last night I blew the leg off an enemy titan and my oponent pointed out that
it was entirely possible that the titan was not, in fact, destroyed as we
had always supposed. Here's his reasoning...

Titan leg damage (6) states: "The leg is blown apart and the titan
collapses to the ground. Decide which way the titan falls and place it on
its side lying in that direction. Any vehicles or troop stands fallen on
are destroyed."

It doesn't actually state that the titan is destroyed.

We (my gaming crowd) have always assumed that the titan is destroyed when it
falls because that is what happens in the description of the power ram.

However, in the description of vibrocanons shooting titans, it says that the
vibrocanon can only target the titans legs UNLESS THE TITAN HAS FALLEN in
which case the vibrocanon can pick any target.

How many of us are in the habit of shooting at destroyed titans?

It's a good point. I have surmised from previous posts on this list that
the majority of people believe that a titan is destroyed if it "falls" but
is this really the case?

(Would it be too pushy to ask for "comments please"?)

Agro