Re: [Epic] New Game Grumbles

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:13:04 -0600

At 09:42 AM 3/13/97 -0800, you wrote:
>kx.henderson_at_... wrote:
>
>> ORIGINAL SYSTEM!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! From the tid-bits I have heard
>> this game is a mish-mash of Stargrunt II, Dirtside II and the 1st Edition
>> Space Marine.
>
>Kind of an original copy then?

I'm vaguely disturbed by the fact that GW is being criticized for borrowing
concepts from games that people like. I would think that this would be
applauded, instead of denigrated as somehow "unoriginal." All wargames have
certain traits in common, and there have only been a handful of ways to deal
with them that have been successfully implemented. Since the vast majority
of people on this list seem to think that DSII, Stargrunt II, and !st Ed.
were good games, then taking high points from each should be a good thing.

"There is nothing new under the sun." - it's from the Bible somewhere, but I
never memorized verses and stuff.

>Peace, Love & The | | / / (_) / / / / ____ _ / /

BTW is that supposed to be "Peace, Love and the Warp?" 'Cuz it sure doesn't
look that way on my screen.

Temp