Re: [Epic] New Game Grumbles

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:24:47 +0000

> >As I said, I don't particularly
> >feel attached to GW's image of them. I'd even like to call
> >'em something else.
>
> Go for it. Whatever floats your boat, man. It's just a game.

This is a point I agree with. Whatever your groups or individual tastes
take you as far as what kind of epic you'll play, make the game your
own, tailor it to your needs and change it to satify your groups as well
as your vision of what "EPIC" is for you.

The frequent insistance to debate a rule or get an "official"
interpretation from any source other than a reasonable comprimise
between you and the people you play with will usually only aggravate you
and cause arguements. I learned shortly after ending the first tourney
for epic I had ever run that the old maxim holds true- "you can't please
everyone all the time" so dont try, as long as the people you usually
have a good time with agree on something who cares what the GW people
clarify as an "official" ruling. Besides they haven't won any prizes
recently for rules consistency and cross referencing their answers, like
they say, want something done right- do it yourself! and in this case do
it together (as a gaming group).

Peter