Re: [Epic] New Game Grumbles

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 22:59:29 -0500

On 15 Mar 97 at 11:10, Patrik Nordebo wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Jason Stephensen didn't write:

> > >And copyright infringement is used in the legal system. Plagiarism
> > >generally refers to non-copyrighted stuff.
> On a related note, GW has trademarked "Eldar". Can they really do this?
> The term Eldar has been used for Tolkiens elves since at least the
> seventies, possible the fifties (I'm not sure if the term was used in Lord
> of the Rings).

YES!! Tolkien coined the name. It is the Quenya (Elvish) name
that the Elves called themselves. That's what I've always thought
funny about GW's future universe: it's essentially fantasy projected
onto a sci-fi background.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf

One Ring to rule them all,
One Ring to find them,
One RIng to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
  in the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie