Re: [Epic] Other questions about E40K

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:04:55 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, oki_at_... wrote:

> At 12:14 17/03/97 +0100, you wrote:
> >I the new E40K all the races are represented (except Squats), and GW
> >is nice enough to avoid us to buy a half dozen of extensions, so they give
> >us
> >all the rules they made in a box.
> >Could it be???
> >

> I think they mentioned that the supplementary rules will be published in WD.

That's true, but the full rules for the Imperium, Orks, Eldar, Chaos, and
Tyranids will be included in the box set.

> >Does this mean you have all the stats from the previous extensions as
> >Renegade, Tyranids, Ork, The armie of the empire, and so on...
> >

> Not to sure about this, they did change the roles of a few tanks - Falcon,
> WaveSerpent etc.

A few units are missing here and there (no tunnelers frex) but the majorty
of the units from SM/TL are present. Once thing about the abstraction of
rules makes for easy unit creation. I'm in the process of playtesting my
Imperial Knight units, and am down to tweaking the points values. My
brother is working on some tunneler rules, and Squats too.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy