Re: [Epic] Falcon vs Wave Serpents

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 07:59:43 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, oki_at_... wrote:

> That is the concern :( BTW I heard that the Falcons are souped up, not just
> a lascannon (?) but also shuriken weapons and more. Is this true - and that
> Falcon is really been redesigned primarily as a battle tank ? Also, does the
> WS still have their "wave" thing ?

Here's the breakdown:
        Speed Range Firepower Assault Armor Special
Falcon 30 45 2 1 5+ Trans(1),Skim
Wave S 30 30 Disrupt 2 6+ Trans(2),Skim

As you can see the WS is better at assaults and protects the inf. better.
The Falcon doesn't have an impressive FP (A Lema Rus has 3FP) but it has a
greater speed and skims. The disrupt weapon on the WS gives you a 4+ to
cause a Blast (supression) on the target for each disrupt fired. So the
WS can pin down a detachment then allow it's cargo to overrun.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy