Re: [Epic] Marauder as eldar scout titan

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 01:37:57 -0800

oki_at_... wrote:

> At 20:54 16/03/97 -0600, you wrote:
> >> Allan, you mentioned asking around for one. Thanks!
> >> Let me know what they want for the thing. I sold off
> >> all the other mechs, but still have the rules--I'll
> >> either play again with counters or sell those sometime.
> >
> >Andy:
> >
> >I saw my friend who used to play BattleTech yesterday. I *knew* there was
> >something I was supposed to ask him, and even told him so on several
> >occaisions. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember that I was supposed to
> >ask him about spare Marauder mechs until after he'd left.
> >
> >I only get to see him on Saturdays now. He's working on his PhD in another
> >town during the week. I'll be sure and remember to ask him this weekend.
> >Sorry to keep you waiting.
> >
> >-Allen
> >

> I was just flipping through the old GW cataloque, looking to stock things up
> before the new price hike.
>
> I saw this rather cute Chaos Squat in Exo-Armour (these are from 40k stuff).
> They look like eggs detailed with teeth and horns and some other patterns.
> They are carrying bolter and chain sword. Very pleasing (in weird cutesy
> way, read super-deformed terminators) aesthetically.
>
> I am thinking of getting a few to make them into either Chaos (Squat) knight
> battlegroup or Orks Mekboy battlegroup (unfortunately the right shoulder pad
> has a chaos eight-pointed star on it).
>
> Has anybody done anything like this in Epic before ? Any suggestions or
> experience that you could share ?
>
> Regards
> Oki

I use some of the Kryomek assault robots for scout titans, Kryomek
aliens as Hive Tyrants, Renegade Legion hover tanks as variant Falcons,
Battletech Elementals as variant imperial robot/dreadnaughts, GHQ
Russian cavalry as Rough Riders, and some of the Battletech tanks as
variants of imperial SHV's. I could go on, but my point is that you can
find alot of models out there that can be used in your own games. I
never play in tournaments so I don't worry about some jerk telling me
which toys I can use. I understand GW sponsored tournaments restrict use
to their official line only.

danlobb_at_...