Re: [Epic] scenery

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 22:22:02 -0800

Andy Skinner wrote:

> Hi. What sorts of scenery most suited to the Epic scale
> have you guys used? What did you really like?

> I bought a Ral Partha "Dracolich" (a skeletal dragon, the
> one in the blister, not their more expensive boxed kit),
> and am using it (minus the front legs) as old bones on
> a hillside.

Another possibility is the excellent 5mm Skeletal Dragon by Grenadier.
Grenadier are no longer with us, but at least one shop on the web still
has some.

> What do you use for bridges?

Faller Z (1/220) or N (1/160) scale model railway bridges.

> What do you have that you really like?

A Heljan Nuclear Power Plant in 1/220 scale. It was labelled as HO
(1/87) and the windows and doors were right for that scale, yet the
complex was far too small. With a bit of kit-bashing of the windows,
doors and detail to match the overall scale of the building, it works a
treat.

I'm trying to find an oil refinery Heljan makes, but as it's a Danish
firm, it's not real common. I also have a Revell Z gauge coal loader -
over 4000 parts, it's the size of a medium-sized warehouse - but NO
INSTRUCTIONS. Must write to Revell in Germany...

aebrain_at_... <> <> How doth the little Crocodile
| Alan & Carmel Brain| xxxxx Improve his shining tail?
| Canberra Australia | xxxxxHxHxxxxxx _MMMMMMMMM_MMMMMMMMM
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo oo oo oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture