[Epic] scenery

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 97 09:47:00 EST

Hi. What sorts of scenery most suited to the Epic scale
have you guys used? What did you really like?

I saw a piece of coral on our shelf the other day, and am
hoping my wife will let me commandeer that. It looked
really "spacey".

I bought a Ral Partha "Dracolich" (a skeletal dragon, the
one in the blister, not their more expensive boxed kit),
and am using it (minus the front legs) as old bones on
a hillside. (Or will--I've only carved the hillside and
placed the bones so far. Still need to smooth, paint, and
flock the hill, and paint and glue on the bones.) It was
inspired by the huge skeleton that C3PO walks past in the
desert in Star Wars, though I'll be giving this one back
legs and wings.

What do you use for bridges?

I've got a set of interesting pipes and tubes from a kit for
railroad modelling. I know, you can do pipes and tubes from
drinking straws, but these had a little more detail in handles
to turn, grid and grilles, etc. I'll probably mount them with
some sort of industrial-looking building.

I assume the ruined buildings in E40K will need some painting.
How much work will they need? I haven't seen any yet.

I bought a command center the other day--I think made by GZG.
It has a hex-shaped base, and goes with other pieces to make
up a firebase or camp or whatever. The piece I got has a little
shack with some kind of communications ball on top, and has dirt
piles on either side of the shack as protection.

What do you have that you really like?

thanks,
andy
andy.skinner_at_...