Re: [Epic] E40K US Pricelist

From: Christian Taylor <kristian_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 15:04:54 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Richard Dewsbery wrote:

> And the boxes of additional troops are 1 sprue. And if anyone
> thinks I'm rebasing 8 companies ....
>
> Richard

Ok,

  So, if I'm putting 2+2 together here...

The $9.95US box of "SPACE MARINE BATTLE GROUP" is one sprue, with a battle
company (as per 40k TO&E) of marines, some terminators, scouts, bikes,
and commanders as support.

and

The $9.95US box of "SPACE MARINE TANKS" is one sprue with 6 Land raiders,
and 18 Rhinos and variants.

Thusly, if that's right, the boxed game gives you one sprue of each.

Now, just for fun, let's compare:

Let's see, the old Space Marine Legion box (with bikes, land speeders,
Robots (I'll miss robots), Terminators, and assorted marines) gave you
160 Marines and 15 bikes+Speeders for $15.00 US.

The new set gives you 130 Marines + 6 Bikes, for $9.95 US.

O-my-gosh! This is actually not that bad a deal. And hardly a price
hike... I for one am amazed.

(Never mind that the small boxed sets were insanely overpriced compared to
the older boxed sets, or the fact that plastic is r-e-a-l-l-y cheap... We
don't want to go there:)

Christian Taylor
kristian_at_...