Re: [Epic] yet another E40K question

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:06:05 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Andy Skinner wrote:

> Do the 3D blast markers affect line of sight? Any changes
> about LOS (do vehicles block it?)?

Vehicles, Infantry and Blast markers do not block line of sight. It is
assumed during the turn the moving units allows for a clear shot through
your friends, and the 3D Blast are just for show, they don't represent
actual explosions.

> Why the little red dice? Are they for marking hits on
> war engines?

That and shields, and whatever else you can think of to use them for.

> What am I gonna do with all those darn bonebreakas? I
> didn't think I was going to get Titan Legions, so got
> a box of the things. Then I got TL, and got more.
> They're included in this game, so I got more. I'll vary
> some, I'm sure (leaving off roller, as someone mentioned,
> maybe add stuff). But I got too many. (Also Rhinos and
> Whirlwinds. Oh, well.)

They're _all_ battlewagons now my friend. THere is no disatinction
between Ork tank types... battlewagons, every last one of them.
(personally I think this sucks and will write up some little changes to
add variety... after the Knights.... after the Squats... after... )

That is one thing I have to say for the new E40k stuff... all the
abstraction and simplification sure makes for easy house rules!

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy