Re: [Epic] E40K US Pricelist

From: Troy Eichmann <eichmann_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 10:01:13 -0800

Spatula wrote:

> > From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
> >
> > The boxed set can stuff itself as far as I am concerned. A buddy found out
> > what "heaps of SM and Orcs" means - it means "heaps" if you are a 40K
> > player. If means about half a company if you play EPIC...
>
> Someone scanned in a full-size version of the release flier - check
> out http://lainec-2.baylor.edu/40k/epic for the pics. While you certainly
> don't get as much as you did in SM 2ed, there appears to be 20 stands of
> marines (tac/devs/assaults), 2 stands of termies, 2 stands of what could be
> scouts, and 2 command-looking stands. Plus a whole 2 bike stands (wow! =),
> and 6 land raiders, 6 whirlwinds, and 11 rhinos. Bascially a 2ed battle
> company with a lot of support.

< Snip >

Well, I'm the afore mentioned buddy who rang GW mail order in Sydney. The guy trying
to flog me a copy for $120 (Aus) was kind enough to turn the box over and tell me
what was inside. There are 6 Land Raiders, 6 Whirlwinds, 12 Rhinos, 10 Tactical
stands, 4 Assault stands, 4 Devastator stands, 2 Scout stands, 2 Terminator stands and
2 bike stands plus a single "character stand". There is a similar amount of Ork stuff
which I didn't pay much attention to since I don't play 'em.
He also said there will be 2 Space Marine boxed sets: one with Land Raiders, Whirlwinds, and
Rhinos and one with the list of troops mentioned above. Although he couldn't give me actual
numbers for what is in the expansion sets my guess would be either the same as with the new
rules set or half of that depending on how many sprues you get.

Troy Eichmann
eichmann_at_...

One day I'll have a Sig.