Re: [Epic] E40K US Pricelist

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 15:47:43 -0500

> From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
>
> The boxed set can stuff itself as far as I am concerned. A buddy found out
> what "heaps of SM and Orcs" means - it means "heaps" if you are a 40K
> player. If means about half a company if you play EPIC...

        Someone scanned in a full-size version of the release flier - check
out http://lainec-2.baylor.edu/40k/epic for the pics. While you certainly
don't get as much as you did in SM 2ed, there appears to be 20 stands of
marines (tac/devs/assaults), 2 stands of termies, 2 stands of what could be
scouts, and 2 command-looking stands. Plus a whole 2 bike stands (wow! =),
and 6 land raiders, 6 whirlwinds, and 11 rhinos. Bascially a 2ed battle
company with a lot of support.

> From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
>
> Paul, what about record keeping? In Space Marine, I'd use
> a bunch of cards to show what was in my army, and the data about
> the units was in a chart in some book or other.
>
> Do they provide some sheet for writing down your army, or
> do you just throw it on some sheet you've got lying around?

        It comes with a 'detachment pad', which I assume is for writing
down what's in your army. You can kinda make some details of it on the
aforementioned scans.

Scott
shupes_at_...