[Epic] Epic 40k sprue contents

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 09:30:24 +0000

Richard wrote:
> One stand of termies, one of characters, 1 of scouts, 4 assault stands,
> etc etc
>

> One sprue has 3 Raiders, 3 whirlwinds and 6 rhinos
>

> > Thusly, if that's right, the boxed game gives you one sprue of each.
>
> No, two of each of the Marines sprues. think it's 3 of the ork sprues
> (but the tank sprues are smaller for the orks).
>
> > O-my-gosh! This is actually not that bad a deal. And hardly a price
> > hike... I for one am amazed.
>
> Hey, we're talking GW here. A good deal wouldn't be amazing. It'd be
> (snipped to avoid unwanted legal action)
>
> Richard

Wrong. In every respect except the pricing comments. Who is this
idiot?

I have the _real_ info to hand, thanks to GWUK mail order.

sprues are �5 each

Marine Inf Sprue
3 tactical squads (6 bases of 5)
1 devcastator squad (2 bases)
1 assault squad (2 bases)
1 Terminator squad (1 base)
1 scout squad (1 base)
4 bikes
6 character figures

Tank Sprue
2 land raiders
4 rhinos
2 whirlwinds.

Epic 40k box contains 2 infantry sprues, 3 tank sprues (�25 if bought
seperately)

Ork -
tanks are on sprues of 3 bodies plus a sprue of 3 weapons for �2.5
infantry - 1 stomper, 1 boarboyz stand, 1 bikeboyz stand, 2 nobs stand,
2 gretchin stands, 1 shooty boyz stand, 1 stormboyz stand, 1 shok attak
stan, 1 commandos stand, 4 boyz stands and 6 characters.

the box contains 12 tanks total, and 3 infantry sprues (�25 if bought
separately)

Either the sprues are overpriced (yes), the box is a bargain (no) or
everything is overpriced and we're all mugs who are prepared to
willingly shel out every time GW wants some more of our cash (of
course).

Richard
Some other one, with the facts.
No relation to the first idiot.