Re: [Epic] Grognards? Cool!

From: Antony Van Der Linden <Antony.VanDerLinden_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 22:50:01 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Jason Stephensen wrote:

> Oh and BTW what's a grognards? It sounds like the sound you make after lots
> of drink and pizza and wedges and garlic bread?

,or beer and curry?

        Well according to the Web-Grognards web site:
Grognard: a soldier of Napoleon's Old Guard; a veteran soldier; grumbler
(French) - Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed

'Grognard' is also slang for someone who likes playing wargames.A Grognard
is a veteran.

        I'm surprised you don't know that one, never been to
Web-Grognards? It's a wargaming web site, lots of historical stuff
and board wargames ( as opposed to bored wargames ) though,
so if you're not into that...
        Anyway, have a look-see:
Web Grognards
http://grognard.com/

        By the way, how many of you folks are curry fans? I love the
stuff, and thought it was quite funny actually when I started reading
Jervis and others going on about the effects of beer and curry in WD
articles.

Thanks,
        Tony.

 Tony VanDerLinden - | Department of Computer Science
 E-mail: | James Cook University of North Queensland
 Antony.VanDerLinden_at_... | Australia