Re: [Epic] Titans and Eldar (looooong) (was: Titans and CC)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 09:19:06 -0600

At 08:42 AM 3/21/97 +1000, you wrote:

>Our local Eldar player always used a separate Warlock to command the spirit
>host. While the warlock with the spirit host is safely behind the lines, the
>scapegoat warlock would give the dreadies and ghost walkers their orders.
>The real warlock would be sitting in a falcon surrounded by buddies. The
>spirit host never really got broken.

I don't mind hiding the Warlock, but that whole switching thing is bordering
on being cheesy.

>And the spirit host, espcially the dreadies are far better at long range
>support then assaulting anyway? Isn't that more their role?

They are pretty good at long range support, but he wraithguard are best at
assault. Another good use I've found for wraithguard are for guarding
support units, like doomweavers and firestorms. Since these units stay on
ff, you can just ring them with wraithguard (who then get ff orders) and you
have some very good cc defense.

Who was it who was having problems with his opponent thawking his
firestorms? I had forgotten completely about this. This should definitely
work.

Temp