Re: [Epic] Rescue

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 12:41:05 -0500 (EST)

At 06:54 PM 3/21/97 +0200, you wrote:
>> From: David Knowles <link0031_at_...>
>> In WD172 there are some Epic scenarios, over the weekend I'm supposed
>to be
>> playing a "Rescue Operation". In the rules it says that neither side
>may
>> deliberately attempt to kill the spy. My opponent (who is doing the
>> rescuing) says that I cannot use a barrage to kill other troop stands
>in a
>> building that the spy is in in case the building falls down.
>> Is this true do you think?
>> I interpreted it to mean I cannot shoot him directly or use a weapon
>that
>> would automatically destroy the building and kill the spy.
>> If I can't attack a building just because he is in it then surely I
>cannot
>> destroy a transport vehicle that he is in as this would kill him.
>But if
>> that is true how can I stop him escaping? My opponent is Eldar and
>there is
>> no other way I can stop a grav-tank as I can't even pin it in CC.
>>
>> Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

I think what might work well is that you can barrage a building he is in and
you may shoot a transport he is in, just make the spy invincible, besides
you can pick up the spy as well can't you? I you make him invincible than
you can slow him up quite a bit by blowing transports from underneath him.

                Timothy J. Kilgore
                tkilgore_at_...

You know Aerosmith is getting old when they start sining songs about thier
aching joints "Falling in Love is Hard on your Knees"