Re: [Epic] Epic 40K card?

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 12:49:29 -0600

At 10:20 AM 3/21/97 -0600, you wrote:
>On Fri, 21 Mar 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:
>
>> First, I remain amazed that a majority of your games were less than three
>> turns,
>
>Me too... my old 2nd ed. games went for at least 4 turns.

At LEAST 4 turns? How can you do that? Most games we played lasted 3 turns
with a rare 2 turn game, and an occasional 4 turn game (usually with chaos).
This is mostly because accumulated damage reached the point that break VPs
were within 20 (4 objectives) of victory level. How can you avoid that
level of damage for 4 turns? Do you just not try to capture objectives, or
what?

Incidentally, I was only ever witness to a single one turn game. The guy
was completely psyched out, won initiative, moved first (why? - I dont'
know), and didn't unload his marines. My Windrider host hit the 2 companies
of loaded rhinos hard enough to break both (it was a small game) and
assorted remaining units captured objectives. So I don't really even count
it as a game. It was more like a giant brain fart.

Temp