Re: [Epic] Epic 40K card?

From: DAVID C LADO, DEPT OF NEUROSCIENCE <LADO_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:04:33 -0500 (EST)

>>All the 2nd edition Epic games I played were finished during the
>>first or second turn??
>
>First, I remain amazed that a majority of your games were less than three
>turns, and even more amazied that any significant portion were only one
>turn. How can you score 40-50 points on one turn?

I sort of agree with Temp (gag! what a horrible trend! ;).
Most of the games I've played went 3 turns, a few going only 2 turns,
and a very few going 4 or more (generally these were very large battles).
I have played 2 1-turn battles, winning one and losing one (very
embarassing). The one turn battles both required a combination of
(1) Very big mistakes (2) Very skewed dice-luck (ex, my wierd-boy
blows up on a 6, rolls maximum explosion radius, and kills exactly
enough stands to break the otherwise completely untouched Deathskulls,
which gave exactly enough points to win the game) and (3) two very
mechanized and mobile armies (marines vs orks with loads of vehicles
and all infantry on battlewagons), which closed together immediately.

Maybe this is the same guy whose army all moves 25-70 cm on the
first turn. That could end a battle quicly.

David