Re: [Epic] Epic 40K card?

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 19:16:33 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 21-Mar-97 Re: [Epic] Epic 40K card? by Peter
Ramos_at_...
> > >All the 2nd edition Epic games I played were finished during the
> > >first or second turn??
> >
> Yup, thats been my experience through the years. Two turns are the norm
> (in the three of four gaming groups I've run anyway), three being less
> frequent and one turn knockouts being rare (more so since the advent of
> snap fire weapons). I have never played a four turn game and maybe
> witness one I presided over two neophytes trying the game for the first
> time. In my experience, the higher the points played usually the two
> turn average ingrains itself even more.

I'll have to agree here... I've only ever played one 6000 point battle,
and that is the only 2 turn battle I've ever fought. Most of my battles
are 3-4000 points, with a few 2K or 5K, and all of those have run three
turns apiece IIRC.

Of course, there's the 1500 point battle that took eight or ten turns...
but we won't get into that.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...