Re: [Epic] Chapter Colours

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 18:16:38 +0000

> Like, what could be better than "The Rainbow Warriors"???
>
> Never heard of them except in a Greenpeace context but how could you ask for
> a better colour scheme? I'm sure I have a couple of dozen stands that need
> to become this chapter.
>
> Are they really a "forgotten" chapter or did you make this up?

No, these guys are the real thing. I think they were mentioned in the
original Rogue Trader rulebook. they were cetainly in a WD article
(about medics, I think) around WD70? When all armour was markVI

IIRC - like, some chance of that :-)
they were blue, like the Ultramarines, but instead of the white stripe
running vertically from the top of the helmet to the tip of the nose,
their stripe was a rainbow of colours (and if that's right, Im NOT
painting the bu$$%rs in epic scale).

the Greenpeace connection was that the chapter appeared on the scene
very shortly after the ship came to prominence (but was forgotten twice
as quickly, apparently).

Nobody's guessed the gaming origin of the Black Guard yet, either. (and
they are a few years older than the forgotten rainbow warriors.)

Richard

I like this list. But I'm going to need to make my mind up about colour
schemes soon, as the game is on sale tomorrow.