Re: [Epic] Number of turns.

From: S. Birol Akmeric <nethol_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 15:30:20 +0200

I've been following the discussion on the average number of turns in
the game, and noticed that most of the people says it's about 2. Well,
in our group, it's more like 3 or 4. The difference probably comes from
setting up the terrain & objectives, and little from the playing
styles. We use a lot of terrain, mostly buildings, and sometimes
bunkers & fortresses. The objectives are, if possible, put on
buildings, or, if those are not available, defendable positions like
thick woods, and usually are close to the player ends of the table
rather than the center. That means, most of the time, each side
captures 4 objectives in turn 1, and heavily digs in to defend these
(that makes the lines roughly 60cms apart - 2 turns even for mech-inf
to pass). So, capturing even the 5th objective is never easy. This, of
course, is more evident in attack-defense games where the defender
already holds all the objectives, and can use dug-in and hidden
counters, not to mention heavy fortifications. In this latter class, 4
or 5 turns are not rare.

S. Birol Akmeric
nethol_at_...