Re: [Epic] Chapter Colours

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:43:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 23 Mar 1997, Richard Dewsbery wrote:

> The best looking were definately the Silver Skulls, so the new Epic 40k
> minis will be painted chainmail, with an armour wash.
>
> Now what can the list tell me about chapter symbols, history, company
> designators etc?
> For ex, Tim said silver with red shoulder pads. The WH40k painting
> guide shows black shoulder pads - does this show tactical vs assault
> squads? What colour should the bolters and heavy weapons be? Do they
> paint their rhinos silver, or local camo, or what?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Richard

There is a mention of them in the ultramarines codex, I think around page
42. It gives a picture of them and a little text. Something along the
lines of their being a codex chapter (for the most part) and no one
knowing when they were founded.

The picture showed a marine in silver/chainmail. The shoulder pads were
dark grey. The right shoulder pad has the the squad type signature thing
on it (an arrow if it is a tactical squad, same symbols as other codex
chapters for assault and dev.) The symbol is in the color of the company
(red in the case of the pictured marine for 3rd company) and I assume they
follow the same color pattern as the ultramarines. The left shoulder pad
had a silver skull on it (surprise). The shoulder pads were trimmed in
the chainmail color of the rest of the marine. The weapon was a dark
grey (as the the shoulder pads) with detail being in yellow (magazine,
barrel, other raised points like the eagle).

That is about it. Paint them in chainmail and do the shoulder pads and
weapons in dark grey. Put some trim chainmail on the shoulder pads and
the squad symbol in the company color on the right pad (if your feeling
frisky :). If your really high speed go for the silver skull on the right
shoulder.

Chad