Re: [Epic] Epic 40K card?

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 10:00:34 GMT

At 09:17 AM 24/3/97 -0600, you wrote:
>At 08:08 AM 3/22/97 +0000, you wrote:
> How can you score 40-50 points on one turn?
>>
>>Well I managed it today. 30pts worth of counters and 18 worth of broken
enemy.
>>(Knights vs Chaos)
>
>So you did it. I believe you, but I repeat, How? If you are moving a large
>enough portion of your force fast enough to capture 6 objectives (which
>means lots of stuff on charge), how can you do that much damage on turn one?

Let's see.

4000pts each.

I had a Warlord Titan Battlegroup armed with 2x barrage missiles, a quake
cannon and a plasma cannon each.
2x Knight Paladin Companies
2x Barons
4x Sentinels
4x Tarantulas
3x (IG) Bikes

He had
Magnus
Keeper Of Secrets
Bloodthirster
Reaver Titan
Slaneesh Knights
Doomwings
Juggers
Cultists
Space Marine Legion
Thunderhawk
Rhinos
Minotaurs
some other stuff I can't remember...

On turn one my knights, sentinels and one titan advanced. The tarantulas
FF'ed (der...) and the bikes charged.

That gave me lots of stuff advancing 20-25cm to take the objectives on my
side of the table. The bikes took one objective in the middle of the board
in a large forest (chaos just didn't have a unit that could reach in it one
turn). The other two squads of bikes moved toward another another objective
that was about 70 cm from my deployment line and were always likely to be
the closest units in the end phase as one of the titans had a good line of
sight to this objective and was going to sweep the place with two barrage
missiles with a company of Paladins to mop up if necessary... (It wasn't -
I got that objective unoposed.)

The thunderhawk dumped some marines near my titans and use the magic of
tzeench to blast one of the titans (blew an arm off, but didn't kill it...)

My oponent counted his breakages, but I think they were the marines, the
minotaurs, the slaneesh knights, the reaver and the thunderhawk.

In my gaming group we play fairly hard. At the local gaming club my wife is
considered "an agressive general" (while we think she is a wimp) - I expect
that the rest of us are probably described as "rabid"!

Anyhow, gotta go - I'm headed off to a (dare I say it?) SCA event for the
next 8 days, so you won't see too much (well, anything!) from me until I get
back.

Agro