Re: [Epic] How to win a 8000 points battle in one turn (was Epic 40K card?)

From: Christophe HAUSS <chauss_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:40:30 +0100

----------
> De : duckrvr_at_...
> >All the 2nd edition Epic games I played were finished during the
> >first or second turn??
> First, I remain amazed that a majority of your games were less than three
> turns, and even more amazied that any significant portion were only one
> turn. How can you score 40-50 points on one turn?

Well all you have to do is blast, blast, and crunch!!
When we play a 6000/8000pts game we fix a limit on how many models/stands
can be used in the 2 armies.
Why?? cause our battle field is a little reduced : 120cm * 90 cm,
so you only have 75cm between the 2 armies.
We want to use big things, and avoid those dirty imperial player to field
his army with 2 or 3 regiments of cavalry.
We allow a great mix of ally, so you can find a 8000 pts army with 4500 pts
Squats,
2000 pts Imperial guard and 1500 pts Eldars against a 6000 pts Imperial
guard,
titan legion and SM and 2000 pts squats allies.
This is the unique big game finished in one turn!
With such armies you have a lot of titans and SHV, and a lot of them can be
destroyed in one turn!!
It was the Squat/Eldar/Empire army (Me of course) who won!!
66 % of my forces hold the middle of the battle field with 5 objectives.
My squats bikes took an other one. My opponent only took one (5 cm in front
of
him!!), the last one was took by some Eldars anti-gravs.
I had a Squat train with 6 battle wagons, an eldar titan, 2 Warhounds, a
reaver,
and a lot of SHV, wich blow away a warlord titan, 2 reavers, a colossus,
and many imperial SHV in the first turn!!!
Yes 70 % of my army was bikes, and anti-gravs, and I won the initiative!!
All other games were finished in 2 turns!