Re: [Epic] Medics vs Chaos

From: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:24:05 PST

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:07:24 +0200 S. Birol Akmeric wrote:

> From: S. Birol Akmeric <nethol_at_...>
> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:07:24 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Medics vs Chaos
> To: space-marine_at_...
>

> >Five Medics are like Chaos, but not as good. Although if he gets
> >overlapping fields of influence, you can make a bunch of medics
> >invulnerable... (Six medics standing together get 5 chances to
save
> on 5+,
> >pretty good odds that you will live forever...) (Agro)
>
> How about a medic company? 6 medic stands plus 'the chief operator',
> the HQ (say, for 350 pts)? Let's call it the Hospital Company.
Better
> yet, let's make them a new chapter "The Ambulatory Angels". We can
> have special stands as 'the Pathologist' (makes one trooper from the
> pieces of two dead ones) or the 'the Gynocologist' ( -1 morale with
> unmarried troops). We can have psychic powers like
> 'tele-cardiac-arrest' and many more.

After my first game of Space Crusade I toyed with creating marine
legions, one of which was The Hospitalisers (based on the crusading
order).

Uniform would be white with a scarlet cross, under the E40K rules this
would give all their rhinos the SAVE ability (or perhaps mean they
couldn't be directly targeted), all terminator stands would have a CC
bonus due to their 'Lightning Scalpels' (tm) and under the 2nd edition
ER/Casualty/Chicago Hope Codex all Daemonettes of Slaanesh would
become hopelessly infaturated with them. Note that the use of
Hospitaliser detachments in a campaign environment is a stop-gap
measure, battlefield casualties are saved in the short term only to be
crippled later by medical bills.

On a seperate note, WD208 has just been published with piccies of E40K
SM, Ork, Eldar and Tyranid figures.

> S. Birol Akmeric
> nethol_at_...

I have a sig, but haven't found an interesting colour scheme for it.