Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 19:46:56 +0000

> I had the same experience. I was marines, so I won initiative, but that
> didn't make the game any more fun. Those Havoc missles are nasty.
> My poor opponent was pretty well shot up before he got to do anything.
> Where's the fun in this? I've seen several games of WH40K played since
> then, but that was my first and last game.
>
> -Allen McCarley

On many occasions I have suggested to 40k players to use an alternating
system for movement and firing like the current edition of epic, those
very few who have found that this simple ploy made the game a lot
better, unfortunately its the "I kick your butt before you can fire a
single shot" attitude that prevails in many 40k enviroments and interest
of making their game more tactical takes a back seat to "ideas for one
turn knockouts" which I have seen are very commom in 40k games.

Peter