RE: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 09:02:49 -0600

At 05:34 PM 3/26/97 -0800, you wrote:

>>I was talking about just falling back as the other guy advances to try to get
>>into range. With a tempest (they have some new name for it now) you can move
>>back, pop up, destroy, etc. etc. etc. until the enemy is just shot to shit.

And the problem with that is what? That seems like an ideal situation.
Let's see, if I'm in the back of a hummer with an M60, and some guy is
coming after me with a bayonet and pistol, i think I'd like to drive at a
leisurely 20 mph and shoot them as they tried to chase me down . . .

>>>On the third, when would it be _more_ appropriate for a pop-up attack
>>>than when the unit has overwatch orders?
>>
>>Maybe, but the old system FF just gave you the fist shot AND you could not
>>move. Overwatch gives you much more firepower OR you can move but have less
>>firepower. (or move twice normal speed and have even less firepower)

Sounds like the same concept to me . . . the more you move, the less you can
fire. the more you want to fire, the less you can move. What is the
change, again?

>>>with the new mixed detachments the Eldars pop-up abilities are unlikely
>>>to make them too gross. And if GW have done their job right, they'll be
>>>paying more for troops with this ability than the equiv Imperial troops
>>>without it.
>>
>>You don't have to run them mixed. (the super heavies can't run mixed). Will
>>it make them too gross? Well at least in the old system once you got close,
>>they had to miss a turn of shooting to move back out of your range again.

They did? Hmmm. 25 cm advance, back up 20cm, the infantry on charge get no
closer and you get to shoot them again. Sounds the same to me. So they get
to move more. Don't cc units get a normal move and an assault move now?
that sounds like extra movement for them, too.

Mind you, I'm going strictly by the hearsay on the list, as I don't have the
rules yet.

Temp