Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 16:46:39 -0500 (EST)

The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...> writes:
> > >SHWs can also fire at any unit in a detatchment, does that include
> > >commanders?
> > >
> Cobblers!
>
> Of course they can't. Always the hitting the nearest thing first with
> SHW, as they can hit ANYTHING on a 2 or 4+ regardless,
> Otherwise then there would be some SERIOUS cheese problems there.
> Hence a good way to protect you tanks from them, is to toss a few units
> that cost nowt in the way first, and make sure they get shot at!

        Last I checked, the Eldar don't have any cheap troops besides
jetbikes. It's why I'm always outnumbered and outgunned. Has this
changed? Also, I thought my troops were 4+ to be hit. So now,
they're just expensive IG. with no benefits besides a doubling of
cost? And why is it that I'm always the last one to get a hold of the
rules.. grumble... The other thing I can't understand is how people
can claim that it is more realistic than the old rules. Neither seem
particularly realistic, except now it's even harder to shoot people on
an open plain down before they walk up to you and club you to death
even when you have a high-tech machine gun. (Without artillery
support)

Mark