RE: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: <Cirdan_at_...>
Date: 31 Mar 1997 13:51:08 CST

>Still sounds questionable to me. Multiple suppression markers shouldn't
>have any additional effect on armor, if this is the reasoning, and I'm not
>sure I buy the idea of tanks having to drive more slowly and carefully
>around craters and all, either. The long and short of it is that I think
>Epic 40k is based on the idea of infantry in well-fortified, defensible
>positions fighting in more terrain than is actually represented in the
>game, and that armored units are unfairly drawn in the same light,
>especially when it comes to close combat and light weaponry.

I disagree. When someone is buttoned up in a tank, they cant see much
at all, and alot of small arms fire plinking off the side of the tank
can be pretty loud. Remember, there are people inside driving, and you
cant tell what it is hitting your tank, or if it is simply the precursor
to a more dangerous attack. If we are talking about being historical,
there are many examples in WWII of heavily armoured tanks being driven
off by small armes fire. I like the new rule.

Mark