Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 13:45:21 +0800

At 15:12 02/04/97 +1000, you wrote:
>>Are Trygons the units that can shield Doms? Your opponent is clearly
>>not taking enough of them if you can shoot kill the Dom on turn 1 when
>>half your stuff isn't even in range, and you have managed to draw his
>>regeneration card out.
>
>The Carnifaxes and Hive Tyrants can as well. It is a little annoying having
>them shield possibly one of the best units in the game (DOM) while Greater
>Daemons can always be seen. A little inconsistency.

BTW, can we use Knights as a shield for GD ? I always thought that command
units cannot be targeted specifically refers units of the same type rather
than same class. One of the reason given is that in the heat of the battle
it is practically impossible for the opposing side to choose a SM captain
unit apart from a regular SM unit. But I am sure even the dumbest Ogryn can
tell a Dominatrix apart from Trygon, much less a Carnifex. Duh !

I am not sure if the Trygon shielding of Dominatrix is legal, the 1st
mention of it by the GW was in a WD article wasn't it ? And by Gavin ?
Generally in our house rule, GD can be shielded by Knights/ Slaanesh
what-ma-callit knights if the side playing Tyranids is using the shielding
rule for Dominatrix. The Tyranid players usually choose the shielding though.

Regards
Oki